1. October is here and so bittersweet for me. My husband and I have humble beginnings here… and also ends. I’ve lost other people in this month, too. Years ago, I tasted hopelessness for the very first time in these 31 days. My heart has broken in October more than once but as time passes it gets easier, at least, that’s what I tell myself. The pain is residual, deep.
2. Jordan and I made our annual trip to The Great Pumpkin Patch in Hayden, Alabama last weekend. We rode a covered wagon hay ride, got 2 pumpkins and a funnel cake. Again this year it was too warm, Alabama doesn’t turn cold until December or January which means autumn for us is still like summer, but typically less humid. Hayden is truly middle of nowhere bodunk hillbilly country – so taking this trip once a year is enough to hold us over.
3. We are partaking in 31 days of horror for the very first time!! This is my kind of challenge. I love films and I LOVE horror and it’s just working out really well. I hope this is something we can do every year.
4. This weekend is Jordan’s very last drill weekend!!! He will never have to leave me again for duty! 6 years and finally, no longer a piece of government property. 6 years and finally, we can apply for VA loan for our mortgage. Finally, we can start a family. It’s time for our next chapter and I’m so glad to have my soldier back as a full time civilian. Xoxo, ex army wife ~
5. Lastly, here are five songs I’ve been obsessed with this month: